What is vulcanization? Many people who don't know this industry will have question marks about vulcanization, so I will popularize it to everyone today. Vulcanization is to add cross-linking aids such as vulcanizing agents and accelerators to rubber products. The process of transforming linear macromolecules into three-dimensional network structures. Since sulfur was first used to crosslink natural rubber, it is called vulcanization. Today we mainly understand two important factors that affect the vulcanization process of rubber products.
1. The first factor affecting the vulcanization process of rubber products: the vulcanization temperature
The vulcanization temperature of rubber products is the basic condition for the vulcanization reaction of rubber, which directly affects the vulcanization speed of rubber and the quality of products. Like all chemical reactions, the vulcanization reaction speeds up as the temperature increases, and more low-sulfur cross-links are easy to form; when the vulcanization temperature is low, the speed is slow, the formation efficiency is low, and more poly sulfur cross-links are formed. The vulcanization temperature generally applies Can't Hoff's law, that is, every time the temperature rises by 8~10 (approximately equivalent to the steam pressure of a gauge pressure), the reaction speed will approximately double; or in other words, the reaction time will approximately decrease by half.
2. The second factor affecting the vulcanization process of rubber products: is vulcanization pressure
The vulcanization pressure of rubber products is an important factor to ensure the geometric dimensions, structural density, and physical machinery of rubber parts. At the same time, it can also ensure that the surface of the parts is smooth and defect-free, meeting the sealing requirements of rubber products. The main functions are as follows:
(1) Prevent bubbles from forming in the vulcanization molding process of the mixed rubber, and improve the compactness of the product;
(2) Provide the power of the filling flow of the rubber material, so that the rubber material can fill the entire mold cavity within the specified time;
(3) Improve the adhesion between rubber and clips (cords, etc.) and the bending resistance of rubber products;
(4) Improve the physical and mechanical properties of rubber products.
I hope this content is helpful to you. We are a professional custom rubber seals manufacturer. If you want to know more professional information, please continue to follow us.